Hey Vancouver, let’s INTERACT!
Vancouver’s Arbutus Greenway project is transforming a historic railway into a vibrant corridor for people to walk, cycle, roll, and connect. Will its development make the city a happier and healthier place to be? We’re uniting hundreds of Vancouverites to find out.
Interested in participating? Learn more below, or click “I’m in” to join the study now.
About the study
In spring 2018, INTERACT is launching a five-year study to uncover how the development of Vancouver’s Arbutus Greenway is impacting physical activity, social participation, and well-being of nearby residents, and whether these impacts are felt equally across different socioeconomic groups. This study is led by INTERACT researchers at Simon Fraser University and the University of British Columbia, in collaboration with the City of Vancouver and scientists across Canada. We are recruiting adults 18 years of age or older who live within 3 km of the Arbutus Greenway to help us learn how this new development influences your activity, well-being, and social interactions. Participating is a rare opportunity to contribute to innovative research that will guide and inspire the design of healthier cities for all Canadians.
What are the benefits?
- Join a national community of scientists, urban planners, public health experts, and engaged citizens with a common interest in designing healthier cities for all.
- Contribute to innovative research that will help Vancouver and other cities make smart planning decisions to support population health for generations to come.
- Participate through the ease of your computer and mobile phone, or with devices we provide.
- A chance to win one of five $50 Visa gift cards!
What will I do?
As a participant you will be invited to:
- Complete two online surveys.
- Collect sensor and locational data through your mobile phone or other wearable device.
Data collection will take place three times over the next five years, beginning in spring 2018. No phone or computer? No problem! Please contact our Vancouver Project Coordinator at 604-875-4111 ext. 21722 to discuss alternative participation options.
Please contact Caitlin Pugh (INTERACT Vancouver Project Coordinator) at 604-875-4111 ext. 21722 or [email protected]
Learn more about the Arbutus Greenway.