Hey Saskatoon, let’s INTERACT!
Bus Rapid Transit is coming to Saskatoon to accommodate the city’s expected growth while making transit a more attractive option for residents. Will the implementation of Bus Rapid Transit also make the city a happier and healthier place to be? We’re uniting hundreds of citizens across Saskatoon to find out.
Interested in participating? Click below and we’ll be in touch as soon as recruitment begins.
About the study
In fall 2018, INTERACT is launching a five-year study to uncover how the implementation of Bus Rapid Transit in Saskatoon is impacting physical activity, social participation, and wellbeing—and whether these impacts are felt equally across different socioeconomic groups. This study is led by INTERACT researchers at the University of Saskatchewan, in collaboration with the City of Saskatoon and scientists across Canada.
The study will recruit a cohort of adults in Saskatoon to help us learn how the enhanced bus system influences your activity, wellbeing, and social interactions. Participating is a rare opportunity to contribute to innovative research that will guide and inspire the design of healthier cities for all Canadians.
What are the benefits?
- Join a national community of scientists, urban planners, public health experts, and engaged citizens with a common interest in designing of healthier cities for all.
- Contribute to innovative research that will help Saskatoon and other cities make smart planning decisions to support population health for generations to come.
- Participate through the ease of your computer and mobile phone, or with devices we provide.
What will I do?
As a participant you will be invited to:
- Complete two online surveys.
- Collect sensor and locational data through a mobile phone app or other wearable device.
Data collection will take place three times over five years, beginning in fall 2018. No phone or computer? No problem! Please contact our Saskatoon Project Coordinator at 306-966-2237 to discuss alternative participation options.
Please contact Margot Gough (INTERACT Saskatoon Project Coordinator) at 306-966-2237 or [email protected]
Learn more about Bus Rapid Transit Saskatoon.